Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy
The 2018 Data Protection Legislation
Any personal information collected by LFT will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act and our Data Protection Policy.
The Laggan Forest Trust (LFT)
Information about us
- The Laggan Forest Trust (LFT)
- Company Limited By Guarantee And Not Having A Share Capital
- Charity number: SC029029
- Registered Address: Laggan Forest Office, Strathmashie, Laggan, PH20 1BU
- Main Address: Laggan Forest Office, Strathmashie, Laggan, PH20 1BU
- Email address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 01528 544366
Who should read this Privacy Notice?
This privacy notice relates to personal data which we hold in relation to you as the main contact for yourself or your organisation which has agreed/requested to become a member of LFT or have agreed/requested to received our newsletter.
Personal Data is any information related to a natural person or “Data Subject” that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, a photo, an email address, bank details, and posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- Access - You have the right to access the information we hold on you
- Rectification – you have the right to ask information to be corrected or completed if the information we have is incorrect or incomplete
- Erasure – You have the right to be forgotten, so can request your information to be deleted
- Object – you have the right to object to any information we hold or to any processing we may carry out using your information.
- Restrictions – you have the right to restrict any processing we may carry out using your information
- Portability – you have the right to request your information be transferred to another controller in a usable/readable manner.
Collecting your personal data
We will normally collect the personal data we need from you directly. If we acquire personal data about you from other sources, we will normally seek your approval or comment on it before acting on it. If your personal data changes, you should let us know. If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, you can ask us.
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Job title
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
Sharing your personal data
Confidentiality is very important to us. We will not therefore share any of your personal information with anyone.
Processing your personal data
The personal data which you give us will be used (or “processed”) by us in order:
- To verify your identity (both at the start of the membership and occasionally during the membership
- To carry out your instructions
- To make your experience of our services more convenient or comprehensive; and
- To enable us to meet our obligations to you.
This means that we may add your contact details to a mailing list or email group. If you prefer to be removed from a mailing list or group, please let us know by contacting us. You can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage of your personal data
We will gather your personal data manually and electronically and it will be stored in digital and hard copy formats while you are a member and for a period after the membership has ended.
We may make use of cloud-based data storage and data processing systems. Some of the personal data you give us may be stored by us in this way. Personal data transmitted to or from our cloud-based storage system will be encrypted and will be subject to confidentiality agreement(s) with the supplier of our data processing systems.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Your data will be held so long as you wish to receive information about the Laggan Forest Trust. If you inform us you no longer want to receive this information and we have no other basis for holding your data.
- A member’s data will be held whilst you are a member of the Laggan Forest Trust and, if you cease to be a member of the Laggan Forest Trust for a period of 5 years unless you give us consent to continue to hold your data.
- For non-members of the Laggan Forest Trust we will hold basic data until such time as you withdraw your permission for us to hold such data.
Destruction of your personal data
Once our need to retain personal data has ended, we will arrange to have your personal data securely destroyed. Hard copies will normally be shredded. Digital forms of personal data will be deleted from our cloud based data storage facilities and from our own systems within our offices.
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes but may use it to keep you informed of any information/opportunities which we feel are relevant to your organisation. If you do not wish to receive this, please let us know and we will remove this within one calendar month of your request.
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown on the first page for this document. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within less than one month and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Our privacy notice is available at www.lagganforest.com/privacy.
To download this Privacy Notice click here.