Laggan Forest Trust
The Laggan Forest Trust (LFT) is a community run organisation with charitable status. It was founded by the Laggan Community in 1998, and its aims are directed at conservation and environmental protection, community and rural regeneration, provision of recreation and leisure facilities.
Our objectives are:
- To advance environmental protection or improvement, including:
- Preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment and any related archaeological heritage.
- Maintenance, improvement or provision of environmental amenities, for the Community and the public.
- To advance citizenship or community development, including rural regeneration.
- To provide (or advance the accessibility of) recreational facilities; and/or organise recreational activities available to members of the Community and the public, with the object of improving the conditions of life for said Community and public.
The Trust work closely with the Cairngorms National Park Authority (CNPA), Highlands & Islands Enterprise (HIE), Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS), Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland DMBinS), the Community Woodlands Association (CWA), Development Trusts Association Scotland (DTAS), the Laggan Community Council and Sustrans among other Scottish Government agencies and community groups.