Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy
The 2018 Data Protection Legislation
Any personal information collected by LFT will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act and our Data Protection Policy.
The Laggan Forest Trust (LFT)
Who should read this Privacy Notice?
This privacy notice relates to personal data which we hold in relation to you as the main contact for yourself or your organisation which has agreed/requested to become a member of LFT or have agreed/requested to received our newsletter.
Personal Data is any information related to a natural person or “Data Subject” that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, a photo, an email address, bank details, and posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address.
Collecting your personal data
We will normally collect the personal data we need from you directly. If we acquire personal data about you from other sources, we will normally seek your approval or comment on it before acting on it. If your personal data changes, you should let us know. If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, you can ask us.
Sharing your personal data
Confidentiality is very important to us. We will not therefore share any of your personal information with anyone.
Processing your personal data
The personal data which you give us will be used (or “processed”) by us in order:
- To verify your identity (both at the start of the membership and occasionally during the membership
- To carry out your instructions
- To make your experience of our services more convenient or comprehensive; and
- To enable us to meet our obligations to you.
This means that we may add your contact details to a mailing list or email group. If you prefer to be removed from a mailing list or group, please let us know by contacting us. You can do so by emailing email@example.com
Storage of your personal data
We will gather your personal data manually and electronically and it will be stored in digital and hard copy formats while you are a member and for a period after the membership has ended.
We may make use of cloud-based data storage and data processing systems. Some of the personal data you give us may be stored by us in this way. Personal data transmitted to or from our cloud-based storage system will be encrypted and will be subject to confidentiality agreement(s) with the supplier of our data processing systems.
Destruction of your personal data
Once our need to retain personal data has ended, we will arrange to have your personal data securely destroyed. Hard copies will normally be shredded. Digital forms of personal data will be deleted from our cloud based data storage facilities and from our own systems within our offices.
- Access - You have the right to access the information we hold on you
- Rectification – you have the right to ask information to be corrected or completed if the information we have is incorrect or incomplete
- Erasure – You have the right to be forgotten, so can request your information to be deleted
- Object – you have the right to object to any information we hold or to any processing we may carry out using your information.
- Restrictions – you have the right to restrict any processing we may carry out using your information
- Portability – you have the right to request your information be transferred to another controller in a usable/readable manner.
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes but may use it to keep you informed of any information/opportunities which we feel are relevant to your organisation. If you do not wish to receive this, please let us know and we will remove this within one calendar month of your request.
To download this Privacy Notice click here.